Bienvenue à mes amis et ma famille
[Assuming GoogleTranslate isn't messing with me, that means, "Welcome friends and family"]
I've arrived in my new home, St. Martin Bellevue, France, after only one missed flight, one standoff with an irritable Korean man at the airport newsstand and one upgrade to "premium" seating [which entailed the presentation of a wilted rose upon embarkation; two to three extra inches of leg room; and a blue felt goodie bag replete with useless eyemask, ill-fitting slippers, a child's toothbrush made, I'm quite sure, out of cardboard, a tube containing just enough toothpaste to take care of one or two molars, and, of course, a Slim Jim-like meat snack.]
Upon unpacking my things last night, I've decided my packing strategy for the trip was somewhat misguided.
Said strategy was as follows:
1. Throw all cloth/toiletry/electronic belongings onto bed
2. Photocopy Bob and dress a dog.
3. Wait until 30 minutes before it's time to leave for the airport before racing to the storage closet to find backpack
4. Enlist Amelia as "packer" [thus creating "PounderPacker"]
5. Launch armloads of shoes, garments, power cords, underpants at Amelia as she races to stuff too much into too little.
6. Arrive in France only to discover you've brought just two bras for the year (they're both black). no deodorant (not really my problem). 7 pairs of tights (don't even wear skirts). a thai sarong (?).
I'm here. It's beautiful. Wish you all were here. Well, most of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment